Danny and I always love ordering Kung Pao Chicken when we are dine out.
So one day, I decided to whip out the dish since I have all the ingredients that I needed!
1. 3 Chicken Thighs (Chopped into smaller pieces)
2. 5 tablespoon of Roasted Peanuts
3. 15 - 20 Dried Chilli (removed seeds and cut into half - adjust the quantity to your level of spiciness)
4. 5 tablespoon of Cooking Oil
5. 10 -12 slices of Fresh Ginger
6. 5 glove of Garlic (sliced)
7. 3 stalks of Scallion
8. 2 Onions (Medium size)
1. 2 tablespoon of Corn Starch
2. 5 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
3. 2 teaspoon of Oil
1. 4 teaspoon of Light Soy Sauce
2. 1.5 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
3. 2 teaspoon of Sugar
4. 0.5 teaspoon of Black Vinegar
5. 2 teaspoon Corn Starch
6. 4 tablespoon of Water
1. Rinsed the chopped chicken thighs, pat dry and marinate for at least 30 mins (the longer you marinate, the more season and flavorful the chicken will be)
I marinated at least a good 2 hours before removing from the fridge
2. Mix the ingredients for the sauce.
3. Heat wok with 3 tablespoon of Oil and stir dry the marinated chicken until 70-80% cooked. Please keep frying the chicken as the skin might stick to the side of the wok.
Dish out and set aside
4. Using the same wok, add in 2 tablespoon of Oil, Ginger and Onion, stir fry for about 30sec and add in the Garlic Slices.
5. Do a quick stir Ginger, Onion and Garlic (no brownish at this point), add in the Dried Chillies
6. Stir fry till you smell spiciness and add the Chicken and pour in half of the Scallion (I added only the Scallions Head).
7. Pour in the Sauce and stir fry till the chicken is fully cooked and coated with sauce.
8. Dish out and Garnish with the Scallion's Leaves
Simple yet yummy dish, and the husband added another bowl of rice that evening!
I love it when I see the man asking for another bowl of rice.
More #valenekitchen recipe coming soon!
Enjoy this Recipe and have a nice week ahead!